Admission to Discovery Village Child Care Center, Inc. is open to all children aged one month to
7 years regardless of race, gender, age, color, religion, political beliefs, national origin, ancestry,
handicap, sexual orientation, marital or military status, except that as to the age of children, the
provisions of any license issued to Discovery Village by any municipality of the Commonwealth of
Massachusetts shall govern the policy of Discovery Village. Toilet training is not an eligibility
requirement for enrollment.
Parents interested in enrolling their child(ren)
should follow these steps:
Step 2: If there are not openings available, you can secure a spot on our waitlist by submitting an Application for Enrollment with a $25 non-refundable application fee to cover record keeping costs and to maintain the application on our waitlist. Checks for the application fee should be made payable to Discovery Village Child Care Center.
Step 3: If there is availability for your requested start date we can begin the enrollment process:
A. Submit an Application for Enrollment with intent to enroll along with a $25 nonrefundable application fee and a two-week non-refundable deposit to guarantee
enrollment spot. At this time, the Parent Handbook will be given to the parent(s)/
guardian(s). It is extremely important to take the time to read through and become
familiar with our program’s policies contained within.
B. Prior to the first day of enrollment the following documents must be completed:
- Child Enrollment Package
- Photograph and Publicity Agreement
- Topical Ointment Permission
- Proof of up-to-date immunizations according to the Massachusetts Department of Public Health’s recommended schedule, signed by a physician, nurse practitioner, or physician’s assistant
- Documentation of annual physical exam (within one year prior to enrollment – due
within one month of enrollment)
- Documentation of Lead Screening (when child is over 9 months old)
- Copy of child’s individual health care plan, if applicable
- Parent Handbook Acknowledgement and Agreement
- Behavior Management Policy Agreement
- Tuition Agreement
Step 4: We request that a parent visit with their child in the classroom prior to the child’s actual start date. In most cases, one or two visits are best – please speak with the Director about your child’s pre-start visit(s). A pre-start visit is defined as: A parent/guardian and child visit to assigned classroom for up to two hours.
If you wish to leave your child with our teachers without a parent/guardian present you will be charged a cost of $20 per hour. This option is based upon availability.